Why did it take so long for us to see Wicked? Our loss indeed! It is an amazing musical and now officially #2 on our family list of favorites. (Les Miserables being #1).
When I found out that Wicked was coming to Atlanta six months ago, I was ecstatic! In order to get the best seats at the best price, I had to buy through group sales. So I recruited enough friends to have a total of 22. And the seats were fantastic!
For those of you who are not familiar with Wicked, it is a "prequel" to the Wizard of Oz. It is the story of Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west, and how she became "wicked" - or did she? It is a beautiful story about relationships, loyalty, with the clear message being - "you can't judge a book (or person) by it's cover (or color of their skin)."
The music is very moving. I've posted my 2 favorites: "Popular" and "For Good." These versions are performed by the original cast members - Idina Menzel (Elphaba) and Kristin Chenowith (Galinda). "Popular" is Kristin at her best in a fun, catchy number. You will laugh for sure! "For Good" is an inspiring song about friendship and loyalty. Be sure to pay attention to the lyrics. Enjoy!
The music is very moving. I've posted my 2 favorites: "Popular" and "For Good." These versions are performed by the original cast members - Idina Menzel (Elphaba) and Kristin Chenowith (Galinda). "Popular" is Kristin at her best in a fun, catchy number. You will laugh for sure! "For Good" is an inspiring song about friendship and loyalty. Be sure to pay attention to the lyrics. Enjoy!
| So excited to see the show! |
| The map of oz Megan, Leah, and Kaitlyn |
| The dragon above the map (It came to life at the very beginning) |
| The Crew! The Garfields, Johnsons, Cronins, Nelsons, and Billeters (The Willsons skipped out before pictures) |
| What an amazing night! |

No comments:
Post a Comment