Background

Friday, September 2, 2011

The First Day of School

School started on August 8th.  We made it back home from our Lubbock visit on the 6th after missing all the "meet the teachers" and "pick up your schedule" events.  So Megan and Nick showed up the first day without really knowing what to do, but caught on quickly.

I can't believe how time flies!  Nicholas is a senior this year, and Megan is in 8th grade.  Wow!  Next year, I'll have 3 adult children and only one left in school.  Am I really that old?

Megan and Nick both have challenging schedules this year, but both seem to be really enjoying school.

Megan is taking 2 high school courses at the middle school. She starts her day at 8am, an hour before the rest of the middle-schoolers, and gets out at 4pm.  She is also taking both band and chorus.

Megan's Schedule (all gifted classes):

Biology
Physical Science
Band
Social Studies
Accelerated Integrated Algebra
Language Arts
Chorus

Nicholas is at school from 7am - 2:12pm.  He doesn't have a 7th period this year which is nice for extra homework time.  Nick is really enjoying his schedule this year.  It looks like his senior year may be his best yet.

Nick's Schedule (it looks more like a college class schedule to me):

Honor Band
Differential Equations (1 semester class.
                He'll take Number theory next semester)
AP Computer Science
AP Microeconomics (AP Macroeconomics - 2nd semester)
Spanish V Gifted
AP Physics: Mechanics
British Literature and Composition Gifted

Here's to a great year Nick and Megan!  
I'm so proud of you!
8th Grade
Here I Come!


My Senior Year!
(Playing Clarinet AND Tenor Sax this year)

No comments:

Post a Comment