Background

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Nick Attends EFY

Nick attended EFY at Brenau University in Gainesville, GA. (about 30 miles north of Suwanee) He absolutely loved the time he spent there.

Here is the letter he wrote Jeffrey describing his week at EFY:

"So, I went to EFY this week. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!

Monday - I met my company of amazingness. My roommate was Dallin Carroll, and Derek Jackson was across the hall from me. I didn't know any of the girls in my group. We had about 28 people. Daniel W. was my counselor, and Elysse Allman was the girls counselor for "Bring to Pass." [the name of their group] And... during some of the get-to-know-you activities, she saw my name-tag and said "HEY! Is your brother Jeff? He was in my Freshman BYU Ward!" Small world.

Tuesday - Classes. Classes. There were no teachers that I knew, like the one two years ago, Brother Knowlton, but they were all great. My favorite was brother Jacobs, some well-known person who gave talks in a church-job. Anyway, the casual dance was after dinner, and it was fun. The gym got flooded or something, so we were the FIRST EFY group of people to host the dance in the Pearce Auditorium. On the stage. YAY! Although it was crowded, it was still fun. I danced with 8 girls. I think.

Wednesday - Classes. And games night. It rained. The cheer off was held inside the Burd Building (Theater), which was pretty nice. Half of the games were hosted inside, while the other half were outside. Our cheer was something that wasn't really a cheer... more like a skit about our group / group name. It was kind of bad, but it got 2nd place out of the 16-18 year-old companies.

Thursday - Sunday dress. We had a great morningside and some devotionals, then a variety show that I should have participated in (which I will next year), and then the musical program which I DID participate in. It was a great experience. Then we had a fireside and then testimony meeting.

Friday - LAST DAY NOOOOO!! Okay, so we had some games with our company, and a fireside, and a dance. The dance was our last activity, so I got lots of pictures there, and then our whole company did a "get-your-contacts-list-filled-with-people-from-our-group" activity. :P then we stayed up 2 hours past curfew. Or at least the other members of the company. I only stayed up 1 hour past. :P just til midnight.

Crush Of Week - Monica Greer. I know you don't know the name, but I just wanted to say it. :P

I also beat a counselor at pool. With SKILL. I beat two other people with luck, but that doesn't matter. They hit the 8-ball in on accident. But anyway, in my match with the counselor, he broke the triangle and got 3 SOLID BALLS IN. Then he proceeded to sink 1 ball and then 1 ball. So, before I could go, he got 5 balls in. But then I caught up and sunk the 8-ball in the pocket that I called, so I won. :D It was AMAZINGLY AWESOME, especially when he missed his 8-ball sink and it lined me up perfectly.

New personal favorite scripture = a whole chapter. 1 Corinthians 13. It talks about charity, just 13 verses. I found the first 3 verses to be interesting, as well as the last. Just something at which for you to look if you want. [very Jeffrey - ese] :)

So THATS MY WEEK. :D"




No comments:

Post a Comment