Background

Sunday, March 20, 2011

3/20/2011 Spring Is Here!

I just love Spring! The trees start blooming, the grass starts turning green, and the winter clothes get packed away. Yay!

We were excited to see the fruits of our labor from last fall! Daffodils! We decided to plant bulbs last fall to see if we could actually grow something. Well, look for yourself:

Aren't they beautiful? I just love coming home and driving into the driveway. What a beautiful sight! We also planted bulbs in the front of the house but they are taking longer to bloom. I will post pictures when they do.

And more fruits of our labor - strawberry jam! A friend told me where I could find strawberries for 50 cents a pint! We bought 20 pints and Michael and I went to work. Voila! I hope this will last the year!
All this for $10
Add the sugar and pectin ...
YUMMY!

To catch you up a little - We went to see the production of "Stomp" at the Fox Theater. I was worried that it would be a little boring - no music, talking, etc., but it was very entertaining! I enjoyed it more than "The Blue Man Group."


Nicholas made the District Band again this year! And for the first time, he was in the top band. They gave a great concert in a beautiful Baptist church....
Can you find Nick in the 4th row on the left?

We've been very busy with the Atlanta Temple reopening in May. I've been arranging music for the open house tours and Greg and I have been working with the youth in the stake to prepare for the Atlanta Temple Youth Cultural Celebration. 2500 youth will participate! It has been a wonderful blessing for all of us. It will be sad when it's all over - but then again, we will have a temple again in Atlanta! Details will come later.....

www.atlmormontemple.org
www.atlantatemplecelebration.com

No comments:

Post a Comment