Yes, my baby girl is in High School! She has blossomed over the last few years and even grown a few inches. She measured 5'6" at her most recent doctor's appt. I just don't like the idea that she is already in high school. Before I know it, she'll be gone!
She is really excited to be going to Buford High School this year. The school is outside our county, so we have to drive her to and fro each day. But, we feel it's worth the drive. She is at a smaller school, and she can take more classes. She has Chorus and Musical Theater and is loving both!
![]() |
| First Day of High School |
I know a few of you are wondering, "Wait a minute. When did she turn 14? Did I miss reading about her birthday?" No, you didn't miss it, I did. I was a slacker last spring. So you get to hear about it now. :)
Megan's birthday was on April 7th. But the celebration started a few days before on the day we returned from our trip to Utah for Spring Break. (I know, you don't know about that trip, because I haven't blogged about it. Can you say, "Loser?") Anyways, while we were gone, the Miamaid class from church came and decorated her room. She was very surprised. (see slideshow)
The morning of her birthday, Nicholas kidnapped her and took her to IHOP for breakfast. (Alot of this might sound like Nick's birthday, but remember, Megan's birthday was first. :) ) After breakfast, Megan and a friend volunteered at the local pet shelter. They had a blast playing with the kittens. Later, mom took Megan on a mani/pedi date. That night, she chose sushi for dinner.
For her birthday party with her friends, she chose laser tag. They had an absolute blast! Their energy level wore out all the adults. :)


Looks like a fun birthday! And the slideshows are better late than never, right? We're glad Megan had a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete