For my friend's birthday, I organized a suprise "Les Miserables" party. Kristel is an uber "Les Mis" fan - just like me. She loves the musical, she read the book over the summer (I did as well, and highly recommend it), and she even started learning the songs on the piano.
We started the night with a "Les Miserables" book discussion while eating yummy refreshments. Afterwards, Kristel favored us with a mini "Les Mis" piano recital. I haven't even given her a full year of piano lessons yet, and she is playing Les Mis songs! She is the dream piano student! Self motivated and driven! We ended the night watching the 25th Anniversary Special of "Les Miserables in Concert." It was an amazing and inspiring evening with an incredible group of women. Anyone interested in a repeat?
From Left to Right (ignoring me at the top):
Caroline, Kristel (the guest of honor), Tryn, Tami, Jennifer, and Genevieve
And for a special treat, here is "Bring Him Home" by the best Jean Val Jean ever - Colm Wilkinson. He is absolutely brilliant. Enjoy!

No comments:
Post a Comment