Background

Monday, June 6, 2011

May 2011

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I used to HATE Mother's Day. But I guess I either finally got the family trained, or things that used to irritate me, don't bother me as much anymore. I was treated to a delicious breakfast of fruit crepes (I don't like breakfast in bed - I would rather eat with the family), and I had a fun day! We had friends over for a yummy shish-ka-bob dinner, and I really felt relaxed and rested by the end of the day.



Piano Recital

My end of the year recital was a success! I was sad to be missing 2 students that day, but I was thrilled that every student seemed to really be happy with their performances. I added a new adult student, my friend Kristel. She wasn't able to stay for pictures, but you'll see her later when I post about my sprint triathlon.

Greg played "The Entertainer," and Megan played the original Frank Mills version of "Music Box Dancer." I'm so proud of all my students!


School's Out! Wahoo!

We were SOOOOOO happy when this school year finally ended! The last minute studying for tests, projects, and make up assignments about killed us! (If any of you are "Middle" fans, we lived that final episode!) The end of the school year also meant band concerts and awards ceremonies.

Megan made the Great Wall for a Social Studies project. The supplies cost over $50. Ouch!
After a band concert

Megan was the keyboardist for the seventh grade jazz band.
Proud of her!
Megan received a certificate for Merit Roll and for her ACT scores.
(She took the ACT through the Duke University TIP Program.)
Megan participated in "Tri-M" this year. It's a music honor society.

Nick playing clarinet
He is also the keyboardist for the Jazz Ensemble
Nick was awarded the "Outstanding Junior" award in the Engineering catagory.
Proud of you, Nick!

Memorial Weekend. Let's get the party started!

We couldn't wait to get the party started! The last day of school, we went to go see "Kung Fu Panda 2." Great fun! The next night we went to the Stone Mountain Laser Show - newly revamped with 3-D technology. On Memorial Day, we woke up early and went to Six Flags thinking we'd go on a few rides before the lines got too long. But they never did! Now we can say the best 2 days to go to Six Flags are Labor Day and Memorial Day! We even got to chat via email (on Greg's Blackberry) with Jeff while at Six Flags. We attended a barbecue at a friends house (yummy! and great company, too!) and ended the evening playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. We were sweating like crazy! It is so much fun and a great workout!

I only have pictures from our Stone Mountain visit.
Megan brought a friend


And Finally for the month of May........ My Birthday!

My birthday started a little rocky - mainly because no one in the family remembered when they woke up. In fact, I had birthday wishes via email and facebook before any vocal wishes at home. So needless to say, I was grumpy. But luckily, my dear friends, Marjorie and Kristel, took me out to breakfast and they did an awesome job of cheering me back up. When I got home, my house was clean and decorated with signs, balloons and flowers. All was forgiven.

For my birthday, I enjoyed a pedicure, manicure, and haircut, a YUMMY dinner of crablegs, and a movie night with the family. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean - On Stranger Tides. Pretty entertaining!


And guess what else happened on my birthday?!? Megan got her braces off! What a beauty! Don't worry, Greg's got the shotgun ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment