Background

Thursday, November 11, 2010

What a special night. A night I will always treasure!

I received an evite that read: "You were chosen by one or more of the activity girls as someone extraordinary. They see you as a light shining bright, leading the way. We wanted to have a night to honor you for being someone special in these girls lives. We hope you can attend and share a dinner with the girls and find out who thinks you are GREAT!"

Of course I RSVP'd that I'd be there! What an honor!

The awaited night finally arrived. I bought pizza for the family and headed to the church to enjoy a wonderful night and a yummy meal that I didn't have to cook! When I arrived, I was escorted to a table in the back that had a place setting reserved just for me! 5 darling young ladies joined me at the table and kept me company for the evening. Many other tables were set up around the room where other young ladies sat with their honored guests.

I was served a yummy chicken lasagna dinner, and chocolate cake! I kept asking who my date was, but the girls answered "guess, Sis. Angell, guess!" So, not wanting to leave anyone out, I guessed, "All of you!" "No, Sis. Angell, we want you to guess!" I didn't change my answer - I wanted them all to be my special dates!

Later in the evening, each young lady in the room was handed a special card. One at a time, they read the card aloud to their special guest. The cards were special tributes announcing who they chose and why they chose them. Each of the sweet young ladies at my table read their card to me! I was so overcome with emotion! My heart just melted! I felt so honored to be surrounded by such beautiful daughters of God! I am definitely smitten - each of these young ladies will always have a special place in my heart!

Thank you to the wonderful Activity Day Leaders that orchestrated this treasured night!

*Thankfully, I remembered to grab my camera before walking out the door! Believe it or not, I was the only guest that brought one! Our table had the funnest photo shoot ever! Enjoy!*

Me and my girls!

We Are Loving This Cake!

Fun with the camera!


Introducing my special dates.........

MELANIE


LEAH


ABBY


HALEY


CAMREE


Didn't I have the cutest dates ever!?!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were treated to such a nice evening. You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete