Background

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Our Family Cruise - A Dream Come True!

After 2 cruises with Greg on Carnival Cruise line, I have always wanted to take a family cruise. I decided that Royal Caribbean Cruise line had the best equipped ships for our age range. We chose the "Liberty of the Seas" because of the rock wall, ice skating rink, miniature golf course, and the "Flow Rider" - a surfboard simulator. I picked a week long "Eastern Caribbean" cruise that included stops in St. Maarten, Puerto Rico, and Haiti. The kids slept in a room next door to us in bunk beds. We had a fantastic time! The food was amazing! We are a very adventurous family when it comes to food. We decided ahead of time that we were going to try everything! Who knew that we would love escargot! We even ordered seconds! Needless to say, we each brought home a few extra pounds (except Jeffrey, who ironically ate us all under the table) but it was well worth the lobster, prime rib, key lime pie, flan, shrimp, etc.

It was so nice to get away from the day to day responsibilities, and just let go of the stress and worries and enjoy the family in a paradise setting.

Here is just a taste of what we experienced:

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got to go and I'm so glad you're blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete